CompuGain believes that Microservices development is often a better fit to what future engineering organizations and departments will be organized similar to what Melvyn Conway predicted.
“Any organization that designs a system (defined broadly) will produce a design whose structure is a copy of the organization’s communication structure”– Melvyn Conway, 1967
What are Microservices?
- “Microservices are small, autonomous services that work together”
- Microservices-based Architecture create systems that closely mimic the real world
- Microservices are heavily influenced by DDD
- Terms used in context of Microservices come from DDD
- Microservices are modeled as “Bounded Contexts”
- Microservices define their own domain, each with its own “Ubiquitous Language”
Domain Driven Design (DDD)
Our Domain Driven Design (DDD) based approach helps your organization to identify and document the right microservices. We do this by:
- Applying our Strategic and Tactical Patterns of DDD we are able to
- Capturing business domain objects in UML class diagrams
- Capturing and defining relationships between domain objects
- Capturing and defining rules related to business objects
CompuGain has partnered with Lightbend to deliver next generation software architectures based on CompuGainu2019s DDD methodology and Lightbendu2019s Reactive platform. CompuGain and Lightbend are leading the enterprise transformation toward distributed cloud computing.