Start Date: 2018-03-12 00:00:00.0
End Date: 2018-09-11 00:00:00.0
As per our client need we are unable to work on Corp to Corp for this position, please apply only if you are eligible to work on CompuGain W2.
Position: Web Application Developer
Location: Bethesda, Maryland 20817
Duration: 6 Months Contract (High possibility of Extension)
- The successful candidate will work in an agile and fast paced environment supporting COMPANY scientists, researchers, and IT professionals whose mission is to solve unique and challenging problems.
- The Junior Web Application Developer will have the unique opportunity to interact directly with analysts and other technologists to ensure applications and tools meet the mission requirements.
- Individual must be a motivated, self-driven team player who interacts well with others, and is a good communicator with the ability to communicate technical results to the team and consult with other team members on project related issues.
- The successful candidate will participate in activities such as analysis, design, development and maintenance of web-based systems.
- The Junior Web Application Developer will be providing maintenance support for roughly 30 applications and will be responsible for performing complex development tasks.
- Must be very detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills and work to ensure the accuracy, completeness, and integrity of data in multiple environments.
- Experience with C#, .NET, Visual Studio, XML, and version control systems is also required. Experience with Java or PHP is a plus.
- The candidate must have experience with one or more of the following databases: SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MySQL.
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical field and 1+ years related technical experience (or equivalent based on evaluation of academic credentials, training and/or experience) as well as related experience to include web development using .NET.
- Suitable combination of education, training and experience is acceptable.
- Experience may have been gained before, during or after degree.
- Applicants must supply specifics on directly-related experience and qualifications as indicated above in resumes and cover letters to be considered for a position.
- Must have experience developing and/or supporting web applications in C#, VB.NET, .NET Framework, ASP.NET.
- Must have experience working with SQL and databases such as SQL Server and PostgreSQL
- Must be an effective verbal and written communicator, able to work with both technical and business users
- Must have a commitment to delivering high-quality software and data
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate an ability to adapt to new technologies and changing customer demands
- Good skills in object-oriented software development and an ability to work as part of a team in an Agile software development environment.
- Prior experience working for a Federal client or agency
- Section 508 compliant design
- Automated unit testing or test-driven development
- Production support
- Experience working in a cloud-based environment such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
- Continuous integration and delivery
- Experience working with the following technologies and platforms is a plus: Java, PHP, Drupal, PostgreSQL