Start Date: 2017-10-02 00:00:00
End Date: 2017-12-29 00:00:00
Technical Editing Specialist
2 Months Contract (very high possibility of extension, possible C2H)
Frederick, MD 21703
- Bachelor's degree REQUIRED, preferably in a relevant field, plus at least 2 years' experience editing technical publications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office also required (including Excel and Powerpoint).
- Experience with medical and scientific terminology preferred.
- Project work will support numerous contracts and customers including the DoD, NIH, USAID, foundations, and other health organizations, as well as corporate and marketing requests.
- Primary duties include providing technical editorial support for all types of documentation including scientific abstracts and reports, proposals, briefings, meeting minutes, correspondence, brochures, and annual reports. Technical editing requirements include reviewing documents for grammar, punctuation, content consistency, and formatting, as well as improving readability.
- Other duties include researching and applying hyperlinks in various formats and programs such as Excel and Acrobat, testing draft web-based computer modules that are in production, and other tasks that require a strong attention to detail.
- Candidate will be joining a publications department that includes word processors, graphic designers, and senior technical editors, and should be comfortable working in a team environment. In addition to supporting work for scientists and technical staff members that have customer deliverable requests, the editor will also support proposal efforts that are produced in-house.
- This position requires strong organizational skills, the ability to work under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with production teams and supporting large document production efforts is a plus.