Start Date: 2018-03-12 00:00:00.0
End Date: 2018-12-28 00:00:00.0
The Virtualization Services architect expands the company's use of virtual technology to enable and achieve the organization's goals and objectives. The ideal candidate will strategically design, develop, and implement technology models for enterprise-level applications and systems. In addition, this role will govern and review the output of the engineers who are responsible for the actual hands-on delivery of services, managing outcomes and results
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or computer science discipline and/or equivalent experience/certification.
- 8+ years experience in Information Technology.
- 5+ years experience in architecting VMWare Horizon solutions (Cloud and View).
- 2+ years experience in architecting VMWare Workspace One
- 2+ years experience with Horizon Apps, MS Terminal Services, or Frame.
- 2+ years experience with Device Management solutions using a MDM, MAM, or EMM framework.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic IT technologies and solutions in a large scale environment,
- Demonstrated experience delivering strategy and architectures in a fast-paced, deadline driven enterprise environment.
- Excellent understanding of change management, testing requirements, techniques, and tools to ensure high availability architectures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of audiences including executives, business stakeholders, and IT teams.
- Demonstrated ability to perform independently as a member of a team and through cross functional initiatives.
- 3+ years experience in architecture and design of Active Directory and Federated Identity Providers (AAD, Ping).
- 3+ years experience in architecture of End Point devices running Android, iOS, MacOS, and Windows.
- Expert knowledge of Enterprise Cloud solutions (ex. AWS, Azure, Softlayer)
- Experience in researching emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products.
- Experience in developing technology roadmaps and strategies.
- Experience in project definition and management
- Strong knowledge of emerging tools, software, applications, and systems for attaining best-in-class IT technology across the enterprise.
- Experience with business requirements and gathering.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Architect and develop customer solutions based on current hands-on knowledge of the VMWare product line, with a specific emphasis on End User Computing related solutions.
- Work independently and a member of a team of engineers on engagements in the Service Engineering, usually in a technical leadership role.
- Design and present technical concepts and specific solutions to internal and external audiences of varying technical capabilities in a clear, concise, and easily understood manner.
- Provide architectural guidance and oversight into the integration of VMWare products with third party products within Client's environments.
- Provide guidance to cross functional departments to gain alignment and to drive design solutions.
- Participate in pre-design and end user experience processes to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements, in order to develop effective solutions.
- Gather detailed business and technical requirements from customers and partners and create content that enables other consultants to implement our solutions.
- Advise engineers on EUC related operation readiness matters.
- Define and promote the adoption of best practices of VMWare products across the internal and external user community.
- Contribute to the company's strategic deliverables by identifying opportunities for product, people, and process improvement.
- Build and maintain the confidence of colleagues, managers, and customers within the EUC and Virtualization spaces.