Start Date: 2018-03-12 00:00:00.0
End Date: 2018-06-29 00:00:00.0
Client, Inc., a leading lodging company with more than 6,000 properties in 122 countries and territories, is looking for a Sr. Systems Engineer to join its IT Delivery team. The Sr. Systems Engineer ensures the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of in-house information systems that support the core organizational functions. This role serves as a Subject Matter Expert for the End User Computing device management environment and services. This role will perform research, analysis, selection, design, build, and implementation of Client's next generation device management solution to meet current and future user requirements.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in an engineering or computer science discipline and/or equivalent experience/certification
- 8+ years experience in information technology
- 3+ years experience working with enterprise device management solutions that leverage MDM, MAM, or internet first strategies.
- 7+ years experience engineering Windows operating systems
- Experience in the design, implementation or operational support of mission critical solutions in large scale environments and organizations
- Demonstrated experience delivering technology solutions in a fast-paced, deadline driven enterprise environment
- Excellent understanding of change management, testing requirements, techniques, and tools to ensure high availability of systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of audiences including executives, business stakeholders and IT teams
- Demonstrated ability to perform independently as a member of a team and through cross functional initiatives
- 3+ years experience engineering mobile and MacOS devices.
- 3+ years experience with federated identity providers (ex. Ping)
- Advanced to expert knowledge of Enterprise Cloud solutions (ex. AWS, Azure, Softlayer)
- Experience in researching emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products
- Experience in developing technology roadmaps and strategies
- Experience in project definition and management
- Strong knowledge of emerging tools, software, applications, and systems for attaining best-in-class IT technology across the enterprise
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Determines customer requirements and works with Client resources to develop solutions.
- Evaluate and select Device Management solutions.
- Design, build, and pilot Client's next generation device management solutions.
- Leads analysis of current environment for deficiencies and provides solutions
- Trains and/or mentors other team members, and peers as appropriate
- Develop implementation plans, test plans, and timelines for projects and tasks