Start Date: 2018-02-05 00:00:00
End Date: 2019-02-01 00:00:00
- Reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Infrastructure Architecture, the Infrastructure Architect will be accountable for translating solutions
- architectures into realized designs and deployments within the Client Cloud Platform. This role will work directly with Software Development Leads
- and Enterprise Architects to create technical architectures which represent the diverse, modern application stacks which make up the Client IT
- Portfolio. The Infrastructure Architect will also be responsible for the research, analysis, design, and implementation of deliverables related to
- applications and their dependencies, across all environment types within the Client IT Enterprise.
Eduation and Experience
- 10+ years of experience in the software industry
- 5+ years of experience in Cloud Infrastructure Architecture Design (consumer and/or creator of cloud services)
- 5+ years as a technology leader focusing on influencing integration and deployment activities
- 5+ years of experience running IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS cloud solutions
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, and technical troubleshooting
- Strong object-oriented design and development experience
- Expert knowledge of relational and non-relational databases and database designs (e.g. data design and database infrastructure design)
- Expert knowledge of concurrency, scalability, and fault tolerant designs
- Expert knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) standards and practices appropriate for Enterprise IT
- Experience with infrastructure security and networking and global networking as they apply to large-scale application deployments
- Experience and understanding of architectural principles and frameworks (e.g. MVC, Spring, and Hibernate)
- Experience with using various distributed caching solutions
- Experience with testing frameworks, continuous integration, and build tools
- Keen eye for detail and stubborn resolve to drive to high quality deliverables
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team on high profile, critical projects
- Familiarity building enterprise class front-end applications
- Familiarity building enterprise class back-end application services
- Familiarity building messaging, queuing and integration platform
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git and/or Subversion
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent technical experience)
- Experience with designing, deploying, and maintaining applications deployed on a global scale
- Experience with contact centers
- Experience managing partner relationships and development efforts across multiple teams and areas of responsibility
- Experience managing and delivering upon functional and non-functional requirements as communicated through direct and indirect business
- and project development
- Experience deploying applications to Cloud IaaS and Cloud PaaS environments with IaC integration
- Experience using, implementing, and maintaining applications and platforms on cloud services such as:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with designing, implementing, and maintaining applications at a global scale
- Graduate Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Experience working with Docker Containers and Container CaaS/PaaS (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, BlueMix, OpenShift Enterprise, Docker
- Enterprise, Google Kubernetes) solutions
- Experience with Node.js and Java 8
- Experience working in a Cloud First and/or Cloud Native software development environment
- Experience deploying applications to OpenStack, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience in retail and/or hospitality industries
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Provides focus on how hybrid cloud services will be leveraged in the solutions development and deployment
- Work closely with the Enterprise Architecture team to facilitate alignment of plans with what is being delivered
- Defines Technical Infrastructure Architectures as they relate to Software Solutions Architectures and Initiatives within EA and Software Delivery
- Lifecycles (SDLCs)
- Institutes governance based on best practices and ensure proper alignment to projects and major initiatives
- Implement security controls into technical architectures to accommodate appropriate data and workload security handling and requirements
- Leads analysis of the current environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommends solutions for improvement
- Leads analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine the potential impact on the overall Infrastructure Architecture
- Supports Solution and Domain Architectures by providing architecture direction in terms of technology, software and infrastructure for projects in the SDLC
- Consults with architecture teams to identify when it is necessary to modify the solution architecture(s) to accommodate technical infrastructure needs
- Oversees the documentation of all architecture design and analysis work
- Defines, designs, implements and promotes standard configuration and change management, processes, and practices.
- Collaborates with Project Managers and Site Reliability Engineers on the execution of technical architectures
- Acts as a leader and advocate of technology management, including coaching, training, and career development to staff
- Develops Frameworks and Blueprints which represent product sets which are reusable and extensible within the Client Cloud Platform
- Contributes to Infrastructure Automation practices and design to promote IaC development alongside technical architecture execution
- Delivers accurate and timely translations of solution architectures into deployment/technical architectures for Infrastructure Automation ingestion and execution
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values – Keeps the organization’s vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
- Managing Change – Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or
- accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development – Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and ongoing evaluation processes.
- Building a Successful Team – Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and
- engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and
- market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results – Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses,
- and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Building Relationships
- Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes
- differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships – Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
- Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Developing Others – Supports the development of other’s skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Organizational Capability – Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Continuous Learning – Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skills.