Start Date: 2018-03-12 00:00:00.0
End Date: 2018-12-28 00:00:00.0
- The System Engineer, Virtualization Services is a skilled system engineer capable of designing, building, and testing user friendly, sustainable virtual workplace solutions for Client associates.
- This engineer should be familiar with how to use design thinking, riskiest assumption testing, and agile/lean methods to deliver reliable services offerings and other capabilities associated with applications, desktops, mobile, tablets, and wearables virtually with a vision for simplicity, automation, and self-empowerment.
- Overall experience with designing and building services with a human centric approach is critical to this role.
- Expertise in developing technical solutions for virtual desktops, enterprise mobile device management, application virtualization, and containers is also required.
- Must have experience working with a large, diverse, and geographically distributed user base.
- This work will focus on how to deliver VDI services to former Starwood properties and call centers that were leveraging VDI before the migration as well as look to leverage virtualization services as part of the integration.
Education and Experience
- 7+ years of developing technical solutions for virtual applications and desktops at a significant scale.
- 5+ years designing, testing, and building virtualized and automated technologies in support of desktop and mobile computing platforms.
- 2+ Experience with VMWare Workspace One, VMWare Horizon Cloud/View, Frame, RDSH, and Microsoft Terminal Services.
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team of contractors, associates, and third party vendors.
- Experience with designing, testing, and building end user device management platforms like Casper, Airwatch, or MobileIron..
- A/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field. Equivalent work experience would be considered in lieu of degree
- A thorough understanding of design, build, and testing functions in either an ITIL or DevOps environment leveraging both on premise and multiple cloud types.
- Understanding of the quality assurance, risk management, and security considerations and their impact on the overall technology environment.
- Strong process management and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills, with the ability to assess complex problems and propose practical solutions
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Experience design thinking or riskiest assumption testing (RAT).
- Demonstrated ability to assess customer/client needs, creatively approach solutions, decide and influence appropriate courses of action.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical ideas in easy to understand business terms.
- Demonstrates executive presence and strategic thinking skills.
- Recent experience with a corporate virtual desktop migration
- Technical certifications as appropriate for the position
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Come up with innovative solutions that resonate and support a large, diverse, and geographically distributed company.
- POC, Design, Test, and Build virtual technology solutions, such as Workspace One, Horizon Cloud, Frame, or Terminal Services.
- Migration of users from traditional desktop and mobile platforms to virtual applications, desktops, and tools.
- Experience managing and configuring systems in Microsoft Azure and other public cloud offerings-
- Knowledge of the migration tools to move data into Office 365
- Develop automation and custom scripts to assist in the enhancement of the support and user experiences.
- Analyze, present, and implement virtual service enhancements to constantly improve the end user experience.using tools like Stratusphere, Nexthink, or Aternity FPI.- Represent IT Workplace and Cloud Services organization in a wide array of IT application and infrastructure projects requiring broad knowledge of virtualization services
- Work with Service Managers and other matrixed organizations on virtualization strategies, design, optimization, and enhancement of virtualization services
- Provide 4th level support as it relates to virtualization services
- Provide technical leadership for technical resources in the evaluation, testing, design, and integration of new technologies into the Operations Environment.
- Lead engineering design reviews, operational readiness assessments, and service validation initiatives.
- Develop, execute, and validate scripting for reporting, data collection, and performance analysis.
- Facilitate the successful integration of all engineering activities into the Service Transition process.
- Validate systems design packages, troubleshooting diagrams, run books, and 15-minute drills for service restoral.
- Engage with Service Delivery Team in reviewing performance metric, customer feedback on evolving requirements, and service improvement initiatives.
- Effectively engages in relationships with suppliers, vendors, OEMs and other third parties to ensure consistent and effective execution of services across IT Delivery..