Start Date: 2017-08-09 00:00:00
End Date: 2018-08-08 00:00:00
As per our client need we are unable to work on Corp to Corp for this position, please apply only if you are eligible to work on CompuGain W2
Provides production support for Client's financial applications. In scope applications include but are not limited to PeopleSoft financial applications, credit card processing, and Treasury applications. Responsibilities include tier 2 support, 3rd party vendor management and oversight, and 24 x 7 production support. Will coordinate with finance discipline partners, 3rd party vendors and many IT departments including but not limited to Security, Privacy, network teams, operations, and infrastructure teams.
Contributes specialized knowledge and skill to work team. Resolves and makes decisions on routine service requests with limited risk. Performs research, analysis, design, creation and implementation of applications to meet current and future user requirements. Works with Service Providers to modify and maintain existing applications to address changes in business processes. Ensures Service Providers achieve contracted service delivery outcomes. Collaborates across multiple projects with multiple Service Providers for successful completion, maintaining scope within the time and budget constraints.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certification
- Minimum 7 years' experience in information technology application development
- Ability to listen and understand business requirements, ask questions and translate the requirements into design documents
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and follow through to a resolution
- Ability to work independently, but know when to ask for help
- Very strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to support all aspects of large, complex applications with multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple support request while working on time sensitive projects and upgrades
- Understanding of SQL
- Production support experience
- Vendor management experience
- Experience developing test plans, test scripts, and managing unit, system, regression and user acceptance testing
- Experience working with Financial applications (General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Expense Reporting)
- Technology leadership experience in a sourced or internally managed environment
- Experience with SDLC
- Project Management
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Performs quantitative and qualitative analyses for service delivery processes and projects.
- Supports existing applications and projects in a minimum of one environment.
- Reviews completeness of requirements prior to Service Provider solutioning
- Participates with the Service Provider in planning and coordinating implementation, reviewing quality control of application functional design, usability, functionality, and implementation.
- Provides input to support desk change management efforts as it relates to support and training of new system
- Follows the defined development and business case processes
- Coordinates with appropriate IT and vendor relations teams
- Provides consultation for routine application development
- Ensures early warning to the leadership regarding degraded or missed service levels
- Follows all defined Client standards and processes (i.e. IT Governance, SM&G, Architecture, etc.), and provides input for improvements to the appropriate process owners as needed
- Maintains a proper balance between business and operational risk
- Follows the defined project management standards and processes
Service Provider Management
- Validates that Service Providers develop and manage respective aspects of a project plan, including schedules, deliverables, and appropriate metrics.
- Provides input to plans to effectively utilize resources
- Monitors Service Provider outcomes
- Provides estimates of work effort for client project provided by Service Providers for accuracy
- Facilitates timely resolution of service delivery problems and minimizes the impact to clients
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values – Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
- Managing Change – Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development – Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Managing Execution
- Building a Successful Team – Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results – Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
- Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships – Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Developing Others – Supports the development of other's skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Organizational Capability – Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Continuous Learning – Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Technical Acumen – Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Technical Intelligence: Knowledge and ability to define and apply appropriate technology to enhance business process
- Development Methodologies: Knowledge of general stages of SDLC framework and the application tiers within the development space.
- Information Security: Knowledge of the security considerations relevant within the development space, including industry best practices related to information security
- Business Acumen – Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills – Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning – The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.