Start Date: 2018-03-19 00:00:00.0
End Date: 2018-09-24 00:00:00.0
As per our client need we are unable to work on Corp to Corp for this position, please apply only if you are eligible to work on CompuGain W2.
Position: Storage & Virtualization Engineer
Location: Orlando, FL – 32826
Duration: 6 Months Contract (Very high possibility of Extension)
- The candidate will have 5-7 years' experience administering and optimizing SAN & Storage based infrastructures as well as VMware ESX in a corporate data center environment while supporting hundreds of virtual servers and applications. Experience in optimizing VMware for utilization of SAN storage.
- The Storage & Virtualization Engineer will perform a variety of assignments associated with Storage, Computer Hardware (virtual and physical), virtualization software (VMware's vSphere, vCloud and View) and VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure on a set of enterprise-level IT systems in support of Client' production data center environment.
- They will be responsible for capturing, analyzing and decomposing system requirements in order to generate and document design solutions that will be implemented, tested and eventually transitioned to the operational environment.
- Work with leads in other sub-systems, customers, and process owners to insure solution integration.
- Produce and maintain documentation of the server sub-systems in the data center environment, including as-built documentation, capacity/performance plans, as well as all other areas of server system life-cycle planning.
- Exploring new technologies related to the backup discipline, and making recommendations for their introduction into the data center environment.
- Troubleshooting and managing problem resolution including root cause analysis.
- Adhere to company policies and processes including change control, security, corporate policies, and Sarbanes Oxley 404.
- Functions as the technical lead for all design-to-cost and life-cycle activities for small-to medium-scale projects.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives.
- Establishes and recommends changes to policies which affect subordinate organization(s).
- Provides guidance to others to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
- NetApp Hands on Experience (primary)
- EMC Family VMAX, VNX, CLARiiON, Isilon experience
- Client 3PAR AFA experience
- Cisco MDS 9000 Series
- VMware vSphere Enterprise 5.5 and above
- VMware Horizon 5.3 and above
- Design and support of enterprise class server hardware and virtualization platforms
- Working knowledge of NIST
- Understanding and experience in working in a Sarbanes-Oxley (SOC) controlled and certified environment.
- Understanding and experience in working within an ITIL framework operational environment.
- Understanding and experience in working utilizing a ticketing system, such as Service Now.
- Understanding and experience in working with rigorous change management controls.
- Cisco UCS Blades 2.x experience
- Cisco UCS Manager 2.1 or above
- Client Blades / Client C7000 series experience
- Client Virtual Connect