Start Date: 2017-10-23 00:00:00
End Date: 1969-12-31 19:00:00
Basic Purpose/Function: This role will be responsible for designing, creating, deploying and managing the organization's data architecture by defining how the data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed by different data entities and IT systems, as well as any applications using or processing that data in some way in support of the organization's strategic initiatives..
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and create the physical data model for the data warehouse by analyzing the data from all source system applications
- Create and maintain source to target mappings between the source system applications and the data warehouse, including business logic and data quality rules. This includes working with the source system application development teams to ensure the application databases follow appropriate data architecture principles.
- Provide a standard common business vocabulary, maintain the data lineage documentation and champion the maintenance of the business glossary by the data stewards.
- Own the Enterprise Business Domain Model (BDM) – the Radian Business Language- and be responsible for the agile evolution of the model to enable the implementation of the intended business architecture. Develop and socialize data architecture principles to ensure their adoption by the application development team
- Build relationships with business stakeholders and partners to understand information needs.
- 10-15 years of relevant industry experience in Data Architecture with 10+ years of consistent record of contribution, leadership and impact to the technology Experience delivering complex software systems through all phases of a software delivery lifecycle.
- Experience working in a complex environment with multiple source systems feeding the data warehouse.
- Experience working with multiple high visibility projects running concurrently. Experience across all phases of data modeling, from conceptualization to database optimization.
- Experience providing direction, strategy and value by analyzing current and future states of data, setting and communicating standards, and conception of projects or features to close the gap between current state and future goals.
- Excellent communication skills with significant experience in developing executive level customer relationships, including solid negotiation, influencing, presentation and communication skills at C and executive levels.
- Successful track record in following through on both plans and communication of those plans with business and IT leaders Experience with Guidewire's Policy Center and Billing Center strongly preferred.
- Experience in the financial/insurance industry, preferred.
- Proven ability to influence at multiple levels with an organization.
- Experience with Cloud Computing and Big Data preferred.
- Experience in Information Technology (IT) working on large complex $MM applications development and ITO projects.
Skills & Abilities:
- Create and maintain the physical data model for the Enterprise Data Warehouse to ensure accurate data consumption.
- Own the Enterprise Business Domain Model (BDM) – the Radian Business Language- and be responsible for the agile evolution of the model to enable the implementation of the intended business architecture.
- Identify and utilize data architectural patterns that are aligned to business enterprise architecture, leverage common solutions and services, and meet financial targets (cost and benefits).
- Participate in the data governance process as a member of the enterprise data council. Build relationships with business stakeholders and partners to understand information needs.
- Define enterprise information strategy and roadmap that aligns with corporate goals Design and implement the process for integrating data design and implementation into the Radian Agile Process Partner with Business Agile Teams to provide early stage domain modeling services, support, and mentoring to leverage business domain modeling practices and incorporate domain language usage in produced Agile artifacts.
- Partner with Implementation Agile Teams to provide support and mentoring to facilitate adherence to the enterprise data strategy and ensure BDM traceability.
- Direct the evolution of the metadata strategy to provide accessibility to the Business Domain Language and traceability to its logical and physical manifestation in enterprise applications and Business Intelligence Partner with Business Agile Teams to establish a process that provides early stage user interface prototyping support and mentoring to consistently capture interaction requirements Partner with Implementation Agile Teams to provide support and mentoring to incorporate information architecture and make sure that the resulting user experience reflects the customer's needs and consistently presents information in the business domain language.
- Provide a Community of Practice for Agile Team members to provide a good understanding of model information structures, data gathering requirements, user needs and behaviors, and labeling techniques.
Prior Work Experience:
- 15+ Years of related work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
- 1500 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102