Start Date: 2017-05-01 00:00:00
End Date: 2019-04-28 00:00:00
Job Title: SQL DBA
SQL Server DBA: 5+ years
Database tuning: 3+ years
SSRS: 2+ years
- Install, configure, and maintain all SQL Server instances across development, staging, and production environments
- Ensure database server topology, configuration, and maintenance are designed and executed to meet SLA objectives
- Advise on DB design, tuning options, and best practices
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after hours and weekends
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
- Baseline system performance and monitor for deviation, recommending and implementing improvements to slow running queries
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware changes, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Expertise in Always-On Availability Groups (AAG) and HA/DR Setup and Configuration
- Expert in Using DMVs, Performance dash board, Mirroring, database snapshots and tracking Performance Counters.
- Working knowledge in database recovery from backup in disasters. Implementing Point-In-Time Recovery solutions.
- Involved in Source Data Analysis, analysis and designing mappings for data extraction also responsible for Design and Development of SSIS Packages to load the Data from various Databases and Files.
- Experience in using SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Agent, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor(DTA).
- Responsible for monitoring and making recommendations for performance improvement in hosted databases.
- This involved index creation, index removal, index modification, file group modifications, and adding scheduled jobs to re-index and update statistics in databases.
- Experience in Data partitioning, Error Handling through TRY-CATCH-THROW statement, Common Table Expression (CTE).
- SQL server reporting experience (SSRS) to develop DBA related reports.