Start Date: 2018-02-12 00:00:00
End Date: 2018-05-11 00:00:00
Data is a strategic asset for Client. We are seeking a thoughtful and driven individual who can help define and implement the architecture to take advantage of this asset. This includes enabling real-time insights, machine learning, and massive data processing. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of designing, building, and implementing architectures that are highly scalable, resilient, flexible and enable deeper insights and decisioning from our data. This individual will partner with delivery teams to deliver solutions for our business partners and customers and will also set strageic direction for data capabilities across the enterprise.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, or Computer Engineering) or equivalent experience
- 10+ years relevant work experience developing Information, Data, and Analytics Architectures including conceptual and logical diagrams, prototypes, and roadmaps
- 6+ years relevant work with Enterprise Information Management approaches including data migration, transformation and integration strategies
- 4+ years working with various DBMS technologies including RDBMS's and NoSQL technologies
- 2+ years relevant work developing and implementing data applications leveraging Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Flink, Apex or similar technologies
- 2+ years relevant work with building and deploying applications in Public Cloud
- Experience authoring IT standards, frameworks and patterns related to the management of Data
- Expertise with one or more of the following environments and tools such as Hadoop, Tableau, Couchbase, Cassandra, Microstrategy, Cognos, Informatica
- Experience with Big Data, Master Data Management (MDM), Data Visualization, Data retention strategies, ETL, OLAP for both structured and unstructured data
- Experience in the deployment of data solutions in Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, and On-Prem environments
- Experience in the design and tuning of high user concurrency and large data volume applications
- Passionate learner who actively seeks to learn about new technologies and approaches
- Active in the Open Source Community
- Excellent client/user interaction skills to determine requirements
- In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Prototyping Data Pipeline Applications on Public Cloud
- " Executing time-bound proofs-of-concept to evaluate Hortonworks HDP on public cloud to support batch and reat-time executions.
- " Evaluating the POCs relative to cost, scalability, resiliency, elasticity, and supportability
- " Based on the POC outcomes, defining implementation patterns to support publication for cloud-based and internal hosted applications.
Defining the Future-State Data Architecture
- " Leads and defines the data architecture vision to enable faster, more valuable insights from our data for our business partners and Client customers
- " Defines solutions and patterns that address data usability and lifecycle management
- " Leverages short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and advance the overall data capabilities
- " Conducts data capacity planning, life cycle, duration, usage requirements, feasibility studies, and other tasks.
- " Identifies and develops opportunities for data reuse, migration, or retirement
Enterprise Planning & Execution
- Development of Enterprise Information, Data, and Business Intelligence Target State Architecture and Roadmaps
- Understand and evaluate current and emerging technology products and trends
- Develop re-usable design patterns and best practices that can be leveraged by the enterprise
- Socialize and educate the organization on design patterns that have been developed
- Develop prototypes and architecture artifacts to support projects
- Partner and consult with project teams to enable consistent solution design and implementations aligned to the architecture
Cross-Training, Technology Research, and Proof-of-Concepts
- Research emerging or existing technologies that may have specific business outcomes.
- Conduct proof-of-concepts to determine the feasibility of technologies that could provide business benefits.
Building Successful Relationships
- Collaborates with business and IT resources to help advance the data agenda across the organization