Start Date: 2017-12-04 00:00:00
End Date: 2018-06-01 00:00:00
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer / Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Infrastructure Software (Database Management)
Duration: 6 months (with likely extension).
Location: Gaithersburg, MD 20878
- You are the Relational, NoSQL, Key-Value, etc. database go-to person for technologies specified below.
- Leads workgroups and/or functions as a technical expert in Database engineering services.
- Resolves and makes decisions on more complex or non-routine service requests with limited to moderate risk.
- Performs research, analysis, design, creation and implementation of infrastructure systems to meet current and future user requirements.
- Directs Service Providers to modify and maintain existing systems to address changes in business processes.
- Ensures Service Providers achieve contracted service delivery outcomes.
- Monitors multiple projects by Service Provider to successful completion, maintaining scope within the time and budget constraints.
- Ensures existing services are managed and new initiatives are delivered according to departments financial guidelines.
- Mentors junior team members to grow breadth and depth of expertise within or across primary and secondary infrastructure software service areas below:
Key Infrastructure Service Areas: Primary: Database Engineering
Key Technologies Managed in Service Area: Oracle RDBMS, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, Couchbase, MySQL, Cassandra, PostgreSQL
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certifications related to Database Management
- 8-10 years' professional experience in information technology infrastructure management
- Ability to manage the details and compliance with standards and expectations
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability
- Technical infrastructure operations, administration, architecture, or engineering background
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
- Graduate degree
- Technical leadership experience in a multi-sourced environment
- Technical certifications (ITIL, Oracle Database Administration, IBM DB2 Administration, Couchbase, etc.)
- Project management skills (Project Management Professional)
- Experience with Cloud Services listed above