Start Date: 2018-03-06 00:00:00.0
Notes: As per our client need we are Unable to work on Corp to Corp for this position, please apply only if you are eligible to work on CompUGain W2
Title : SCCM System Administrator
Location : Orlando, FL, San Diego, CA, Reston, VA, King of Prussia, PA or Gaithersburg, MD / (Remote)
Duration : 6 Months Contract (Very high possibility of Extension)
- The candidate will be primarily responsible for the ongoing operation and maintenance of a new SCCM environment, supporting up to 32,000 endpoints for patch management, package distribution and inventory collection.
- This role will assist with the responsibility for the day to day administration, coordination, and operation of the IT infrastructure systems for the patch management process.
- Employee will be responsible for the design, configuration, testing, deployment, and ongoing operational support of the patch management process.
- The environment consists of Microsoft Windows workstations and servers. The Systems Admin will be responsible for patching assets in test and production environments while ensuring quality.
- The candidate must possess the ability to work well in a distributed team environment.
- The candidate should be of a highly ethical, trustworthy and reliable nature.
- The ability to utilize our Service Now system to adhere to rigid ITIL based change and release control processes and procedures is critical.
- The candidate should also be able to demonstrate superior analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to interact with varying levels of customers, staff, and management.
- The candidate will have 3-5 years' experience in Microsoft SCCM patch management of workstations/servers in a large enterprise environment.
- Deep understanding of SCCM components, roles, interactions, and system dependencies
- Proven scripting experience using PowerShell or equivalent tools, along with an understanding of Microsoft API's and tool integration
- Knowledge of SQL as it pertains to the design of the SCCM database and reporting services (SSRS)
- Strong understanding of the mechanics and processes for developing end to end provisioning processes in SCCM to including images, software deployment, and patching.
- Knowledge of standard engineering and support processes such as ITIL, life cycle management, and ITSM
- Fundamental understanding of network concepts including IP addressing, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Ability to embrace a diverse and geographically distributed team structure
- Windows Server OS, versions 2003, 2008 R2 and 2012 installation, configuration, operation, performance tuning, troubleshooting and management experience.
- Task sequencing, integration, and automation experience of endpoint management systems.
- Knowledge of other patch deployment methodologies/application such as, Altiris, WSUS, SCUP, Shavlik.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Being flexible and adaptable.
- Experience migrating large organizations into SCCM environments
- Understanding of SCCM's dependencies on Active Directory (AD), including GPO's, AD schema, and sites
- Prior implementation or support of Role Based Access Control (RBAC) within SCCM
- Design and support of enterprise class server hardware and virtualization platforms
- Exposure and support of Symantec endpoint products including ePO, endpoint production, and Altiris
- Understanding of endpoint security principles including such as FDCC, NIST, USGCB
- Working knowledge of NIST
- Understanding and experience in working in a Sarbanes-Oxley (SOC) controlled and certified environment.
- Understanding and experience in working within an ITIL framework operational environment.
- Understanding and experience in working utilizing a ticketing system, such as Service Now.
- Understanding and experience in working with rigorous change management controls.
- Understanding and experience in working with MacOS Management platforms like Jamf Casper