Start Date: 2018-02-08 00:00:00
End Date: 1969-12-31 19:00:00
As per our client need we are unable to work on Corp to Corp for this position, please apply only if you are eligible to work on CompuGain W2.
Position: Production Supervisor
Location: Tyler TX – 75707
Duration: 8 Months Contract (Possibility of Extension)
Shifts: 2nd Shift
- Must have supervisory experience (25+ employees) – union experience is a plus- this is a union shop. 4+ year's supervisory experience. HVAC experience is a plus- (candidates from Carrier would be ideal) use copper saws and benders, using a lot a braising- powder paint experience also a plus.
- Previous supervisory experience (25+ employees) required
- Previous Union experience a huge plus
- Experience with a computerized payroll system and disciplinary documentation
- Responsible for implementing and driving change in a high volume, fast-paced, lean manufacturing environment.
- Reports directly to unit manager.
- Interacts daily with department supervisors/leaders in Operations, Quality, Human Resources, Finance, Materials, Engineering, and Continuous Improvement office.
- Responsible for overall performance of assigned work group, including safety, quality, cost and output schedule performance.
- Proactive support of plant wide safety program, including ongoing.
- Actively support plant programs and goals – In particular with Units per man hour, Recordable incidents, Overtime budgets, customer availability, etc.
- Identify opportunities for improvement; implement improvement plans.
- Lead daily problem-solving activities within teams for process improvements.
- Drive talent development of salaried team members.
- Develop department budgets and ensure they are to plan.
- Coordinate with other functional areas to ensure accomplishment of overall plant objectives.
- Provide for effective associate relations within manufacturing by ensuring that employment practices are fair and consistent.
- Ensure adherence to standard work, including plant work rules.
- Implement plant wide communication plans and initiatives with employees in area of responsibility.
- Serve as primary communication vehicle between leadership team and production employees.
- During non-peak season, will perform additional industrial projects (i.e. standard work, process improvements, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree required. 2 to 4 years of manufacturing experience.
- Internship/Co-Op experience will be considered.
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Must be self-motivated, results and action oriented.
- Ability to make independent and sound decisions.
- Must possess sound interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience as a change agent in an organization.
- In-depth knowledge of lean manufacturing principles (Toyota Production Systems) preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be able to work all shifts.
- Demonstrated proficiency using MS Office suite.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Ability to implement change to support plant vision.
- Principle-centered leadership; high level of integrity and ethics