Start Date: 2018-01-09 00:00:00
End Date: 1969-12-31 19:00:00
12 Months Contract (Possible C2H)
Minneapolis MN 55420
Experience: 3 years warehouse management experience required-
Degrees: Minimum of Associates degree
Oracle and/or Dematic software experience preferred.
Experience with Lean principles and techniques preferred.
Union labor relations experience preferred.
- Supervises and coordinates daily operation of Distribution Center.
- Responsibility for achieving maximum quality and cost effectiveness in an on-time and efficient manner, and developing/implementing continual improvement projects.
- Actively participates in all areas of employment: performance evaluations, team member relations and development while promoting total employee involvement.
- Ensures a safe work place is provided for all employees; frequently inspects department for safety compliance. Completes accident reports and schedules appropriate follow-up reviews; identifies accidents related to operator/machine error and initiates necessary training to prevent future accidents.
- Supervises the activities of Distribution Center team members to achieve objectives with regard to quality, cost and time. Evaluates the performance of associates and completes necessary reports. Reviews daily and weekly shipping schedules and production capabilities to assure all deadlines are met. Checks running orders/query dispatch lists to determine schedule priorities. Coordinates and expedites hot parts and assigns rework.
- Recommends training/development needs; develops and documents standard work.
- Coaches to develop team members to follow standard work, problem solve, strive for continuous improvement, and drive overall employee engagement.
- Conducts meetings to maintain employee / employer relations, encourage employee engagement, and promote improved communication.
- Develops and implements continual process improvement projects.
- Inspects and monitors Distribution Center quality and equipment. Ensures quality procedures/practices are applied to the process, tooling, and equipment to achieve expected quality improvements.
- Supervises the utilization of materials to assure an appropriate amount of parts are available to maintain smooth production flow; identifies wasteful practices and methods; reports any problems/concerns with viable solutions to the Manager, Production; and, reports suggestions recommended by team members for procedure change, etc.
- Promotes and supports the company’s efforts in team member engagement concepts through the development and or implementation of various programs.
- Promotes commitment to quality and teamwork through attitude, behavior, communication, and development/implementation of programs and activities.
- Communicates/updates management of daily problems and concerns, identifying areas needing attention to ensure the continuity of the operation.
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, multi-faceted work environment.
- Bachelor’s or Associate Degree with 3+ years of warehouse or equivalent experience
- Oracle and/or Dematic software experience preferred.
- Experience with Lean principles and techniques preferred.
- Union labor relations experience preferred.
- Work requires periodic stooping/bending and frequent walking/standing throughout day.
- Requires occasional lifting of objects less than 25 pounds as well as occasional lifting of objects 25 to 50 pounds.
- Work involves activities that require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts, machines, welders or vehicles.
- Requires use of protective clothing.
- 10:30am to 7:00pm