Start Date: 2016-08-23 00:00:00
End Date: 1969-12-31 19:00:00
Custodian/Servicer Oversight Specialist
Examine documents associated with mortgages the corporation is about to acquire or has acquired. Ensure that records are complete, and in format prescribed by regulations and corporate standards. Query loan originators or underwriting staff regarding missing or nonstandard records or documents. Prepare data from documentation needed to book mortgage transaction within specified time frame. Store records according to prescribed corporate standards.
Key Job Functions
- Receive and log into appropriate systems portion of daily stream of loan documentation associated with mortgages the corporation has acquired.
- Review documentation against corporate and regulatory standards and approve for inclusion in completed file. Confer with more experienced staff or management on questionable items.
- Designate file as complete and approved and log into appropriate system(s).
- Extract and compile from documentation data needed to book mortgages into corporate accounting records; forward to supervisor or to appropriate accounting staff.
- Forward completed file in appropriate form for custody; when necessary, request or pull files from custodial files for research, underwriting process, or other corporate purpose.
- Confer with management or with project teams on internal processes or on use of systems designed for unit’s business activities.
- Build internal and external customer relationships. Respond to inquiries.
MERS or "Mortgage Electronic Registry System " is a must have
- Mortgage loan documentation
- Document Custody
- Custodial files
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in the Mortgage Industry.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, Excel and Access required.
- Ability to work independently and drive issues to resolution.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; ability to identify, research, and resolve issues.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to quickly gain proficiency in various roles.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.