Start Date: 2017-02-13 00:00:00.0
End Date: 2017-08-12 00:00:00.0
- Client is looking for an experienced Network Engineer/Architect that can support the current networking infrastructure.
- Areas of support include troubleshooting connectivity for internal and external customers, determining root cause of network performance issues and finding resolutions, reporting on bandwidth usage, assisting with the setup of monitoring tools, and providing networking support/configuration for the setup of new customers and servers. (20%)
- This individual will also lead the redesign, expansion, and optimization of Client’s network.
- Upcoming projects to include: building out a second data center for high availability and disaster recovery, redesigning one of Client’s core customer services, implementing F5 load balancers, creating Local Area Networks for offices, working with security/compliance to secure network, and assisting with designs to integrate with Cloud Service Providers. (80%)
- This individual will be the only Network Engineer/Architect at Client Systems and will be a core member of the IT Team. They will be included in all major initiatives as a networking SME.
- The person must be able to create designs, evaluate and communicate different options/solutions, and implement the selected solution.
- This person will engage a third-party vendor to perform day-to-day tasks (i.e. configuration changes) and will manage the assigned tasks.
- Cisco Firewalls/Routers/Switches design and configurations
- F5 Big IP design and configuration (or at least load balancer experience)
- VLAN (Cisco & VMWare) design and configuration
- Firewall design and configuration
- Primary and back up connections with failover capability
- DNS maintenance and configuration
- Internet VPN, point to point and vMPLS connections
- Network monitoring and capacity reporting
- Cisco and F5 patching
Domain / Server (Preferred)
- VMWare server environment
- Server patching
- Server monitoring
- Failover environment
- iSCSI SAN and data network
- data backups
Other Skills and Capabilities:
- Advanced troubleshooting for customer VPN connectivity
- Network leadership and knowledge sharing / cross training
- Working with networking managed service providers
- Communication and documentation skills
- Creating test plans and coordinating testing
- Familiarity with Apache and nginx
- We’re a small IT group that works well with each other and are looking for Infrastructural leadership as our business grows
- We work primarily in our business office, but support our systems 24×7