Start Date: 2018-09-25 00:00:00.0
Job Title: Network Engineer
Location: Woodlawn MD (OR) Baltimore, MD
Duration: 2-3 Years
- The Systems Security/Network Engineer is responsible for the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of various client systems/network technologies.
- Focuses on the administration of the network infrastructure to include desktop PCs; servers; network equipment, including DASD; and software applications.
- The Systems/Network Administrator/Engineer will identify, assess, and recommend appropriate solutions related to client systems/network technologies.
- Possesses experience with Windows XP/VISTA/2003 Server platforms with an emphasis on Active Directory; strong background in Exchange 2003/2007 messaging system; and Windows scripting skills.
- Possesses solid knowledge of LAN/MAN/WAN configurations, to include experience with Cisco routers and switches, Internet firewalls, Load Balancers, Network Access Control, and wireless technologies. Experience setting up and managing database systems, such as SQL Server.
- The SNE is also responsible for integration and implementation of the computer system security solution. Uses a variety of security techniques, technologies, and tools to design, develop, and implement security solutions into highly sensitive computer systems and networks.
- Secures information resources and/or provide business continuity assurance for the Agency. Directs or performs vulnerability and risk analysis and participates in a variety of computer security penetration studies during all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Provides business systems security support for the following activities: contributing to technical briefings and reports; participating in meetings and walkthroughs; analyzing problems and providing solutions; providing user support; and conducting research.
- May provide technical direction for cross-agency security initiatives such as Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) compliance, Information Security Continuous Monitoring Mitigation (ISCM), Identity, Credential, and Access Management (ICAM), Anti-Phishing & malware defense (APMD), and Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM).
- Plans, organizes, participates in, and provides direction to a team of specialists in the selection and application of appropriate problem-solving methods and techniques.