Start Date: 2018-03-12 00:00:00.0
End Date: 2018-09-11 00:00:00.0
The successful candidate will participate in activities such as analysis, design, development and maintenance of web-based systems. The Junior Web Application Developer will be providing maintenance support for roughly 30 applications and will be responsible for performing complex development tasks. Must be very detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills and work to ensure the accuracy, completeness, and integrity of data in multiple environments. Experience with C#, .NET, Visual Studio, XML, and version control systems is also required. Experience with Java or PHP is a plus. The candidate must have experience with one or more of the following databases: SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MySQL.
- Must have experience developing and/or supporting web applications in C#, VB.NET, .NET Framework, ASP.NET.
- Must have experience working with SQL and databases such as SQL Server and PostGres
- Must be an effective verbal and written communicator, able to work with both technical and business users
- Must have a commitment to delivering high-quality software and data
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate an ability to adapt to new technologies and changing customer demands
- Good skills in object-oriented software development and an ability to work as part of a team in an Agile software development environment.
- Prior experience working for a Federal client or agency
- Section 508 compliant design
- Automated unit testing or test-driven development
- Production support
- Experience working in a cloud-based environment such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
- Continuous integration and delivery
- Experience working with the following technologies and platforms is a plus: Java, PHP, Drupal, PostGreSQL