Start Date: 2017-12-09 00:00:00
End Date: 2018-12-08 00:00:00
May lead workgroups and/or functions as a technical expert. Resolves and provides input/makes decisions on non-routine service requests with limited to moderate risk. Performs research, analysis, design, creation and supports efforts in implementation of infrastructure systems to meet current and future user requirements. Helps direct Service Providers to modify and maintain existing systems to address changes in business processes. Assist in efforts which Ensures Service Providers achieve contracted service delivery outcomes. Monitors multiple projects by Service Provider to successful completion, maintaining scope within the time and budget constraints.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certification
- 4 years' experience in information technology infrastructure management
- Graduate degree
- Technical certifications (ITIL, Cisco, MCSE, etc.)
- Technical leadership experience in a sourced environment
- Project management skills
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others.
- Ability to manage the details and compliance with standards and expectations.
- Technical infrastructure operations, administration, or engineering background
- Solid experience with 2 or more of the technologies listed below
|Infrastructure Delivery Team||Preferred Qualifications—Technology Specification|
|Collaboration Services||TeamShare, unified communications (Voice/Video/IM), web technology (IIS), web conferencing, email messaging|
|Infrastructure Software||Domain Name Services (DNS), Service Orientated Architecture (WebSphere based on DataPower Platform), Enterprise Directory Services, Tivoli Access Manager, 2-Factor Authentication, Active Directory, Netezza, Cognos, Actuate, OnDemand, Federated Ping, Vignette, WAS, MQSeries, Databases (DB2, Oracle, SQL)|
|Midrange Servers||Window/Client Platforms, Linux/Unix Platforms, Storage Area Networks, backup and recovery, storage systems (NetApp, EMC)|
|End-User Computing||Lenovo, Mac, and Client personal computers, mobile devices, and mobile device management, remote access technologies, software deployment, industry-standard 3rd party software applications (antivirus, content filtering, etc.), PC imaging tools.|