Start Date: 2017-09-15 00:00:00
End Date: 2018-06-30 00:00:00
"As per our client need we are unable to work on Corp to Corp for this position, please apply only if you are eligible to work on CompuGain W2 .
Job Title: Infrastructure Analyst – Senior
Duration: 9 months (with likely extension).
Location: Bethesda, MD 20817
The Infrastructure Development, Engineering and Automation (IDEA) Team is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join its ranks to provide expertise in the areas of continuous integration and continuous delivery at client. Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline which combines both software and systems engineering to build and operate large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. Our SREs ensure that client’s services have the necessary resiliency and uptime appropriate to user needs while incorporating a fast rate of change around functional and non-functional improvements. Client strongly believes that SREs are the approach to running better production systems, creating creative engineering solutions to resolve deployment and operations problems across the enterprise, through all major and minor project and product releases.
- 5+ years professional experience in infrastructure as code development (Chef, Puppet, Ansible) or infrastructure engineering at enterprise scale
- 5+ years professional experience in container operations (Docker, OpenShift Enterprise, GKE, ECS) and orchestration (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes)
- 5+ years professional experience with cloud computing technology and its concepts (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- 3+ year implementing DevOps practices at scale
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipeline tools and implementation for immutability
- Experience with cloud platform technical architecture design including Service Oriented Architecting (SOA) model
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl, or Ruby
- Interest in designing, analyzing, and engineering large-scale distributed systems
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a greater team, including cross-team activities
- Ability to debug and optimize code
- Experience operating and/or operating within the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certification
- Lead DevOps maturity model through adoption
- Requirement gathering, validation, fulfillment and change management
- Infrastructure operations experience including self-healing autonomy
- Provide functional, technical, and/or process leadership, or Project Management experience
- Experience within development of the complete application stack inclusive of software engineering and systems engineering responsibilities (e.g. full-stack development)
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Trains and/or mentors other team members, and peers as appropriate in advances in technology and technical process improvement
- Provides financial input on department or project budgets, capital expenditures or other cost/resource estimates as requested
- KPI creation and tracking for reporting to senior leadership
- Status reports to include project status, risks, issues and schedules
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture to understand system functionality and dependencies
- Design cloud-based technical architectures to meet application functional and non-functional requirements
- Develop infrastructure as code for repeatable environment provisioning via automated blueprints and solutions
- Run multiple, simultaneous, infrastructure delivery projects to ensure performance, availability and resiliency
- Work closely with development teams to ensure capacity and throughput requirements are met
- Concept of Operations documentation for runbook operations
- Performs more complex quantitative and qualitative analyses for service delivery processes and projects
- Ensures all projects follow the defined development and business case processes
- Ensures proper coordination with appropriate IT and vendor relations teams
- Provides consultation for routine and complex systems development
- Ensures early warning to the business stakeholder executives regarding degraded or missed service levels
- Coordinates with Operations and Infrastructure teams for deployment and production support activities
- Follows all defined IT standards and processes (i.e. IT Governance, SM&G, Architecture, etc.), and provides input for improvements to the appropriate process owners as needed
- Execute infrastructure compliance monitors and auditing to ensure user and password security
- Maintains a proper balance between business and operational risk
- Follows the defined project management standards and processes
Service Provider Management
- Validates that Service Providers develop and manage respective aspects of a project plan, including schedules, deliverables, and appropriate metrics.
- Makes short term plans for the team to effectively utilize resources
- Monitors Service Provider outcomes
- Reviews estimates of work effort for client project provided by Service Providers for accuracy
- Facilitates timely resolution of service delivery problems and minimizes the impact to clients
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values – Keeps the organization’s vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
- Managing Change – Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development – Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building a Successful Team – Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results – Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Building Relationships
- Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships – Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Developing Others – Supports the development of other’s skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Organizational Capability – Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Continuous Learning – Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Technical Acumen – Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Technical Intelligence: Knowledge and ability to define and apply appropriate technology to enhance business process
- Development Methodologies: Knowledge of general stages of SDLC framework and the application tiers within the development space.
- Information Security: Knowledge of the security considerations relevant within the development space, including industry best practices related to information security