Start Date: 2017-10-06 00:00:00
End Date: 2018-10-05 00:00:00
Job Title: Associate Distribution Designer
Location: Orlando, FL 32789
Duration: 12 Months Contract (High Possibility of extension)
- An Associate Distribution Designer with 0 – 2 years of experience with electrical construction experience, or with an electric utility or design consultant with design experience.
- Assignments will include assessment and development of design packages for overhead and underground distribution projects in urban and rural environments in compliance with client's engineering and construction specifications, coordination with 3rd party utilities, work permit development, ensuring quality control and maintaining compliance with project scope, schedule and budget. Familiarity with design software is plus.
- Work assignments may include travelling by motor vehicle to various project locations located throughout the metropolitan Orlando area to conduct field investigations.
- Assignments may include conducting field investigations of overhead and underground electric distribution systems.
- The Designer may use a telescoping measurement stick to take vertical measurements of overhead communications & cable television conductors attached to wood utility poles.
- Use of a laser range finder, a camera, and a GPS device may be required, as necessary. As needed, training on use of field measurement devices will be provided to the successful candidate
- Associate of Science in Engineering Technology or equivalent.
- 5-10 years' experience with electrical construction, electric utility and/or design consultant in lieu of degree will also be considered.
- Ability to follow safe work practices, prescribed standards and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
- Must be able to walk long distances in an outdoor environment