Start Date: 2017-08-07 00:00:00
End Date: 2018-02-28 00:00:00
- The Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Architect is a senior technical role in IT that will define the architecture framework and solution design for the ECM services-based platform used for document processing, document management, and the creation and generation of electronic documents. Reporting to the AVP of ECM, the ECM Architect will define solutions in line with Client's enterprise IT vision and strategy.
- The incumbent will have hands-on experience deploying ECM technology solutions on a broad, enterprise basis. He/she will work closely with the CTO, Enterprise Architecture, Security, and Business and Application Team Leads to define the landscape and enabling technologies that will promote the use of ECM services, and develop a service-oriented architecture (SOA) and component-based solutions that support business aspirations (which include agility of design, cost effectiveness, high reuse value and optimization of existing components, etc.) to achieve the strategic objectives of the business.
- KEY OUTPUTS for this role are solution design artifacts, advisory and direction to implementation teams, complex problem-solving and solution implementation, integration activities, and contribution to the ECM roadmap definition and its design.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical Domain Area Knowledge – The ECM Architect is expected to contribute relevant technical knowledge to the design and implementation of ECM Services. That domain knowledge is a crucial element to understanding the type of work that must be done, the intricate dependencies that exists, the usual order of events, the types of skills required and the dominate risks to the endeavor.
- Solution Architecture and Design – Intimate understanding of the vision to define solution architecture and design for implementation, maximizing use of products, partners, and existing services, while conforming to evolving non-functional requirements. Will focus on design decisions and responsible for maintaining standards around items such as protocols, web services, and non-functional requirements such as performance, scalability, regulatory requirements and others.
- Solution Implementation – Contribute and direct the implementation teams during solution implementation and testing to ensure business need and standards are met with high quality and expectations, while mindful of strategic alignment and priority demands.
- Architecture Governance – Participate and promote the further development and extension of Enterprise Architecture governance and practices and its related to documentation, templates, processes and communication, and in addition the development and enhancement of IT standards, principles, policies and guidelines.
- Communications Management – Ensuring the timely and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination, and storage of system information.
- Support and General Duties – Support the ECM program and service needs such as assist with ECM Operations requests, troubleshooting production issues, and perform administrative tasks.
- Strong knowledge of current IT methodologies and systems technologies and standards used in the ECM domain
- Experience with architecture frameworks such as Zachman framework, TOGAF, IBM Enterprise Architecture or an equivalent capability would be an advantage
- Deep technical expertise in the solution design and implementation processes, including techniques for estimation, developing alternative solutions
- Domain area experience relevant to software and service-oriented design, development, quality assurance testing, technical specification, high availability architecture, packaged software implementation
- Independent worker and thinker
- Detailed understanding of the financial and/or insurance industry
- Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in a large technology oriented program with a large number of component projects
- Extensive experience on modern, large-scale, component-based enterprise projects using iterative and incremental SDLC processes
- Strong architectural background and proven experience designing service-oriented implementation models
- Exceptional analytical skills, the ability to see and define problems effectively and clearly
- Outstanding teamwork and team building skills.
- High quality facilitation, negotiation, communication, and presentation skills
- Absolute results orientation
- Technical certifications (CDIA+, AIIM ECM Master/Practitioner, ECM product specific training/certifications, etc.) a plus
- Excellent skills with MS Project, MS Excel for the use of planning, tracking project details and presenting data to stakeholders, MS PowerPoint for the purpose of communicating project
Prior Work Experience:
- 8-10 years of related work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related