Start Date: 2017-09-11 00:00:00
End Date: 2018-03-30 00:00:00
- Responsible for identifying and correcting a variety of data management issues.
- High School Degree and Bachelors degree (BS in Finance or BBA in Information Systems)/relevant field or equivalent work experience required.
- 8+ years working with data integrity for security master maintenance across fixed income and equity products.
Skills and Competencies:
- A strong knowledge of products including bonds, CDS, leveraged loans, and equities.
- Basic familiarity with capital structures and issuer relationships, debt guarantees, and corporate actions / succession events.
- Familiarity with investment data sources; i.e. Bloomberg, Paladyne, Markit.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills; working knowledge of the Bloomberg Excel API preferred.
- Knowledge of system integrity, data validation, Order Management Systems, and the ability to communicate well.
Major Job Duties:
- Set up, update and maintain securities in all asset classes (fixed income products, equities, options, OTC derivatives, etc.) in proprietary and third-party operations and accounting systems.
- Initiate and maintain reference data on securities and issuers.
- Create reports and control checks to correct security data in firm trading systems.
- Respond to inquiries related to security master functions.
- Diagnose data exceptions, recommend, and develop controls to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain security master data (security reference, derived, fundamental, and analytic data) and workflows associated with maintaining the data.