Start Date: 2016-08-09 00:00:00
End Date: 1969-12-31 19:00:00
Participate in the execution of procurement activities of moderate value/risk in support of multiple business units. Procures basic goods and services, obtains quotations, negotiates contracts and/or develops proposals of moderate value/risk. Client’s primary interface with suppliers on issues that affect supplier operations and strategic supply issues. Responsible for identifying and mitigating supplier risk and business exposure. Provides exceptional internal customer service to assist in daily procurement related needs, service and follow up. Responsible for ensuring that all policies and procedures are adhered to, and for ensuring that appropriate documentation exists for all procurement and supplier management activities.
Key Job Functions
- Deliver procurement expertise through the following actions: Independently analyze and interpret data, and develop strategies to drive performance improvements, innovation, savings, and mitigate risks for procurement activities of moderate value / risk.
- Assist management, peers, suppliers and internal clients in understanding established procurement policies and procedures, while providing customer satisfaction through measurable results.
- Continually assess market conditions for potential opportunities and risks, and utilize industry understanding to bring forth innovative solutions.
- Communicate / negotiate in a proactive manner to effectively avoid or resolve issues and problems.
- Establish, execute and track project plans, utilizing fundamental project management techniques.
- Identify opportunities to streamline, automate and improve efficiencies to reduce costs.
- Support supplier diversity initiatives as appropriate.
- Manage procurement records and data, responsible for data quality and maintenance.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in professional services and contract labor sourcing, contract creation and statement of work preparation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and effectively deal with a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Solid attributes should include attention to detail and a focus on quality.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the company through emails, telephone, presentations, reports and orally. Should be an articulate, persuasive contributor who is comfortable working at all levels.
- Strong contract negotiation skills and experience working with Legal throughout complex contracting processes.
- Prior experience with and demonstrated success in leading large or quick sourcing events.
- Ability to develop metrics, methods and procedures which drive results across projects, and provide linkage to corporate objectives. Good analytical and reporting skills are required.
- Experience in using eSourcing tools and technologies preferred, including eRFx, reverse auctions, project management tools, as well as contract management and workforce management systems. Experience is also required in procurement ERP modules. Knowledge of Procure-to-Pay processes.
- Experience performing detailed analyses of complex data or situations. Performing supplier financial analyses. High proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience in driving customer satisfaction through proven, measurable sourcing results while balancing controls and risk mitigation.